MSC Cruises has started selling the MSC World Cruise 2025 with a completely new itinerary aboard MSC Magnifica. From four European ports – Civitavecchia/Rome, Genoa, Marseille, and Barcelona – voyagers can embark on this once-in-a-lifetime voyage (on 4, 5, 6, and 7 January 2025 respectively).
The 116-night journey will visit 50 breathtaking places in 21 countries, with seven overnight stops, including 22 never-before-visited destinations on an MSC World Cruise. The three-month voyage will encompass five continents, three of the world’s greatest oceans, and nearly 30,000 nautical miles of sailing. Whether it’s natural splendor, cosmopolitan cities, or world-famous historical sites, this incredible itinerary will check off many must-visit places on the bucket list and broaden horizons with new tastes and traditions, diverse cultures, and communities, all while delivering authentic global experiences.
The magnificent adventure begins with world-famous towns and ports in Italy, France, and Spain before traveling to Casablanca, Morocco, which is home to an abundance of markets and medinas. The first week of the vacation will be spent at sea, followed by a day’s journey to Mindelo, the capital of Cape Verde.
After crossing the Atlantic Ocean, passengers will spend ten days experiencing South America, including overnights in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and Valparaiso, Chile, as well as a visit to the Falkland Islands and Ushuaia, the southernmost city on the continent.
The ship then traverses the South Pacific Ocean for over two weeks, stopping at several tropical islands, including the world-famous Easter Island (Chile), Moorea (French Polynesia), and Aitutaki and Rarotonga in the Cook Islands.
Next, an extensive exploration of New Zealand and Australia commences, beginning with the Northern Islands of New Zealand. This location is a famous destination for big-game fishing and learning about the country’s original people, the Maori. Throughout eight days, passengers explore the New Zealand towns of Auckland, Tauranga, Napier, Christchurch, and Dunedin before embarking on an extraordinary cruise of the Milford Sound fjord in southern New Zealand.
MSC Magnifica will arrive in Sydney, Australia on the second month of its voyage and begin one of the cruise’s most memorable legs – a 19-day circumnavigation of the rugged and magnificent Southern and Western shores of Australia, touching stunning beauty sites, national parks, and trendy beaches.
The natural paradise of Eden, renowned for its oysters, cuisine, and stunning beaches, is open to visitors. Explore the hip metropolis of Melbourne, enjoy outdoor adventure in Adelaide, and Penneshaw, immerse yourself in the historic city of Albany and discover the vibrant coastal resort of Busselton and the renowned Margaret River wine region. Afterward, take in the laid-back atmosphere of Perth and wonder at Broome, where the bush meets the sea.
Landing in the lush tropical climate of Asia, the ship will make its first port stop in Benoa, Indonesia, on the island of Bali. After an overnight stay, offering guests ample opportunity to experience the natural beauty of the island, MSC Magnifica will sail to Singapore, the crown jewel of South-East Asia. Here, visitors can admire futuristic structures adorned with a mosaic of vertical plants. The Asian trip will conclude with visits to Port Klang and Penang in Malaysia, followed by lovely Phuket in Thailand.
On the voyage across the Indian Ocean, visitors can visit Colombo, the capital of Sri Lanka. The next stop is the Jordanian port of Aqaba, where tourists can see the world-renowned archaeological site of Petra. Afterward, travelers can enjoy the lovely Red Sea resort of Sharm El-Sheik, the historic ruins in Luxor (from the port of Safaga), the transit through the Suez Canal, and then Alexandria, from whence they can visit Cairo and the Pyramids of Giza.
To conclude this once-in-a-lifetime tour, MSC Magnifica will sail back to Europe, visiting four great locations in Italy before arriving in Genoa to conclude a voyage filled with discovery.
Highlights of the 2025 MSC World Cruise include:
- Casablanca, Morocco: This is a bustling, ancient city famed for its spectacular architecture and beaches. Casablanca’s many historical sites, including the largest mosque in the world, the Hassan II Mosque, are open to visitors, as is the city’s renowned gastronomy, which combines traditional Moroccan flavors with French and Spanish influences.
- Rio de Janeiro is a city that should not be missed on any tour across the world due to its breathtaking natural beauty, rich cultural legacy, and dynamic environment. Visitors are offered an overnight stay so that they may enjoy a night of revelry and samba dancing. Throughout the day, travelers can explore the landmark Christ the Redeemer statue, unwind on the famous Copacabana and Ipanema beaches, or ride a cable car to the summit of Sugarloaf Mountain for sweeping views of “The Marvelous City.”
- Ushuaia, Argentina: Of all the destinations, the most adventurous is Ushuaia, the southernmost city in the world, which is surrounded by the spectacular splendor of Tierra del Fuego National Park. Visitors may explore the breathtaking glaciers and fjords of the Beagle Channel, observe whales, and experience Patagonia’s harsh beauty.
- Hanga Roa, Chile: Situated on the mystical Easter Island, this is a must-see site for people seeking a unique blend of cultural legacy and natural splendor. The famed Moai sculptures, which have become a symbol of the island’s rich heritage, are a major attraction. The fascinating monuments, which can weigh up to 75 tons, were sculpted by the Rapa Nui people eons ago and captivate travelers from all over the world.
- Christchurch, New Zealand: This city is recognized for its stunning botanical gardens, rich history, and a blend of urban revitalization and historic legacy. With traditional structures, the city is brimming with contemporary architecture. At the International Antarctic Centre, guests can learn about the region’s Antarctic history and experience a simulated snowstorm.
- Milford Sound, New Zealand: With a greater emphasis on New Zealand, the voyage offers eight days to tour seven of the country’s most famous cities. Milford Sound is undoubtedly the most distinctive destination, as it brings visitors along a stunning fjord on the southwestern coast of the South Island of New Zealand. It is famed for its towering cliffs, beautiful waterways, and abundant wildlife, which includes seals, penguins, and dolphins.
- Penneshaw, Australia: Of the nine Australian cities visited, Penneshaw on Kangaroo Island is the greatest natural destination. This coastal town gives a unique opportunity to see Australia’s renowned wildlife, including kangaroos, koalas, wallabies, sea lions, and more than 270 kinds of birds.
- Benoa, Indonesia: This lively port city is located on the southern coast of Bali, Indonesia. The guests will have two days to explore the island’s beautiful beaches, crystal-clear waters, and exciting water-based activities. In Tanjung Benoa, a traditional Balinese fishing town, those interested in cultural sites can satisfy their desires while enjoying cool refreshments.
Advantages when booking:
- A dining and drink package is included for all World Cruises passengers.
- 15 shore excursions are included in the booking price.
- 30% discount on laundry.
- Classic-level MSC Voyager Club members and above will benefit from a 5% discount on their booking price. The points gained from the World Cruise will be tripled and added to their account before the start of the voyage, instantly granting them valuable privileges and extras.
This might just be the trip you’re looking for.
[Source: MSC Cruises Press Release]