Vrbo has revealed eight important dates for scheduling travel in 2023. The most significant months for renting entire, private vacation rentals are January and February, so competition is fierce in high-demand areas.
To have a larger variety of available vacation rentals during crucial travel times in 2023, tourists must book by the following dates:
- Spring break: Book by January 30
- Memorial Day weekend: Book by April 6
- Summer: Book by April 17
- Fourth of July weekend: Book by May 10
- Labor Day weekend: Book by July 14
- Thanksgiving: Book by October 6
- Ski season: Book by October 16
- Winter break: Book by November 3
“If you’re looking to book a private vacation home for a major holiday in 2023, mark your calendars with Vrbo’s book-by dates,” said Melanie Fish, head of Expedia Group brands public relations. “All of these dates are two weeks earlier than in previous years. Those two weeks can mean the difference between securing a sought-after mountain chalet for a spring break ski trip or a beachfront house for that yearly summer vacation.”
In addition to the dates listed above, guests can use the following recommendations and Vrbo tools to help them select the ideal vacation homes:
Try out alternative destinations
Vrbo vacation houses in popular summer destinations such as North Carolina’s Outer Banks, as well as Cape May and Ocean City, New Jersey, tend to book up faster and earlier than other locations. For example, less than half of vacation houses in some of the most popular summer beach resorts in the Northeast are still available for coming July. 2
The following destinations still have lots of availability in July
- Corpus Christi & Port Aransas, Texas
- Blue Ridge, Georgia
- Miramar & Rosemary Beach, Florida
- Savannah and Tybee Island in Georgia
- Branson in Missouri
Plan together with Trip Boards
Travelers may store their favorite hotels in one spot and invite everyone at their party to do the same using Vrbo Trip Boards, which simplifies planning when traveling in a group. Vrbo designed these Trip Boards to help inspire visitors planning their 2023 trips to turn their bucket list into a book-it list:
- Beach Please
- Unique Stays
- Summer in Europe
Take advantage of flexible cancellation policies
Families and groups of friends planning spring and summer vacations should book hotels with flexible cancellation policies in case their plans change. Many hosts have adopted the most flexible approach, which allows tourists to cancel their booking up to 14 days before check-in for a full refund.
Use search filters to narrow down results
When looking for a vacation home, the Vrbo app’s numerous search filters can help you limit your possibilities. When searching on Vrbo, the following filters can be useful:
- Price: To identify properties that fit within a specified vacation budget, filter search results by either the nightly rate or the entire price of a vacation rental, including fees. This function was first offered by Vrbo more than two years ago so that travelers could plainly view the full price of a vacation home before booking.
- Amenities and features: Private pools, hot tubs, and backyard or patio spaces are among the most sought-after amenities on Vrbo. Using these filters allows tourists to select homes with the perfect spaces and amenities to meet the demands of their group.
- Policy regarding free cancellations: To have more flexibility with travel arrangements, filter by properties that have flexible cancellation policies, as mentioned above.
Download the Vrbo app and make a reservation
The Book with Confidence Guarantee applies immediately to travelers who book and pay through the Vrbo app or website. This guarantee, which has been protecting Vrbo travelers for years, includes payment protection against fraudulent listings, accommodation support if travelers are unable to check in, and rebooking aid if the host cancels at the last minute.
Vrbo is also holding a giveaway between now and February 1, 2023, giving vacationers the opportunity to make their vacation fantasies come true. One lucky winner will receive a $3,500 Vrbo stay. To learn more and enter, go to Vrbo’s Instagram profile and follow them.
[Source: Vrbo Press Release]