Princess Cruises has recently announced its summer 2024 season, making it the perfect time to begin arranging the trip of a lifetime to Alaska. Cruises and cruisetours for 2024 are now on sale, whether planning a first trip to Alaska or a return trip because the state is once again beckoning to visitors.
Princess is a popular cruise line choice for visitors to Alaska who wish to view untamed wilderness, breathtaking glaciers, up-close wildlife, and Denali, the tallest mountain in North America. The cruise line actually brings the most passengers to Glacier Bay National Park. With seamless holiday options and personalized treatment on MedallionClass cruise ships, as well as wilderness lodges positioned steps away from national parks, Alaska is an ideal destination for travelers of all ages and budgets.
The 2024 season will mark the 55th anniversary of Princess Cruises sailing to Alaska, and seven ships will depart from four handy home ports, including San Francisco, Seattle, Vancouver, British Columbia, and Anchorage (Whittier). In addition, visitors can see more of Alaska by combining the cruise line’s renowned “Voyage of the Glaciers” itinerary with a variety of land excursion choices that include stays at the exclusive Princess Wilderness Lodges.
President of Princess Cruises John Padgett stated, “As the leading cruise line in Alaska, we deliver unforgettable vacations and we’re also the most recommended line by travel advisors to their trusted clients,” “We’re celebrating our 55th anniversary in 2024 cruising to this must-see destination, so whether it’s your first or fifth time visiting Alaska, we are ready to help guests make inspiring memories to last a lifetime.”
Among the highlights of the 2024 Alaska season are:
- The Alaska 2024 season will have 158 departures on 14 distinct itineraries visiting 17 sites, as well as five glacier viewing excursions on seven ships.
- There are 86 visits to Glacier Bay National Park during the season, including the majority of “Voyage of the Glaciers” cruises between Anchorage (Whittier) and Vancouver, B.C., and several Inside Passage voyages roundtrip from Seattle, San Francisco, and Vancouver.
- The “Voyage of the Glaciers” itinerary is sailed by three ships – Royal Princess, Sapphire Princess (departing Saturdays), and Grand Princess (departing Wednesdays) – and features two glacier-viewing excursions per cruise. Additionally, northbound excursions feature a late-night “More Ashore” stop in Juneau.
- On Saturdays and Sundays, the Discovery Princess (the newest ship) and Majestic Princess depart from Seattle on seven-day “Inside Passage” voyages that feature “More Ashore” late-night stops in Juneau.
- Crown Princess’ 11-day “Inside Passage” cruises depart from San Francisco and offer tourists the rare opportunity to sail beneath the historic Golden Gate Bridge.
- Ruby Princess conducts seven-day “Inside Passage” trips from Vancouver, with many departures incorporating passage through Glacier Bay National Park.
- Princess offers a range of cruisetours combining a seven-day “Voyage of the Glaciers” cruise with an extended three to ten nights on land, staying at the cruise line’s private Princess Wilderness Lodges, for customers who wish to experience more of Alaska. All cruisetours include visits to Glacier Bay National Park and Denali National Park, Alaska’s top two attractions.
- Cruisetours also provide the scenic opportunity to experience Princess’ “Direct-to-Wilderness” rail service, which departs immediately from the ship in Whittier and travels all the way to the Denali region for additional time in the wilderness.
- Back by popular demand, the 17-night Ultimate Princess Connoisseur cruisetour includes two nights at each of the five Princess Wilderness Lodges, located near iconic national parks such as Kenai Fjords, Wrangell-St. Elias, and Denali National Park.
The award-winning “North to Alaska” enrichment program immerses guests in the history and customs of the Great Land by combining local characters, culture, and Alaskan cuisine. Start planning your voyage today and experience all that Princess Cruises has to offer in 2024.
[Source: Princess Cruises Press Release]