AmaWaterways, the award-winning luxury river cruise line, said today that it will extend its complimentary pre or post-cruise land package option as add-ons to select Europe and Egypt voyages for groups and solo passengers in 2023. In 2024, the offer is also accessible solely to groups. In response to the positive reactions from the travel community, the offer has been extended for new reservations made on certain 2023 departures* until March 31, 2023.
Guests traveling in parties of five or more can also engage with their travel advisor to take advantage of this exclusive free land offer on select 2024 sailings. In keeping with the trend of longer stays, the offer allows visitors to add a complimentary two-, three-, or four-night land package to their river cruise holiday, allowing them to explore the nearby regions where their river cruise begins or ends.
“When we first announced the complimentary pre or post-cruise land packages in October, we received amazing feedback from our first-time and returning guests, as well as our travel advisor partners, as the offer was easy to communicate and offered the added value of up to C$5,088 per couple,” said Kristin Karst, executive vice president and co-founder of AmaWaterways. “Due to its popularity and the continued demand for longer, more immersive travel experiences, we have extended the Complimentary Land Package offer on select river cruise departures so more guests can enjoy extra time exploring the world.”
Time is a valuable commodity, and these free land packages provide passengers with precisely what they want: some extra time before or after their river trip. Clients may visit beautiful destinations while staying in world-class hotels and enjoying concierge-level services offered by Cruise Managers who accompany guests throughout their entire voyage with AmaWaterways’ land packages.
Each land package includes daily breakfast, efficient transfers, and portage services between the hotel and ship, as well as engaging city tours and experiences like seeing the world-famous Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, Spain, or tasting Czech Pilsners in Prague, Czech Republic.
Guests can explore fascinating cities such as Prague, Paris, Vienna, Budapest, Amsterdam, Lake Lucerne, Barcelona, Nice, Geneva, Lake Como, Lisbon, St. Malo, Bilbao, and Bucharest, as well as further afield with Dubai, with 15 different pre and post-cruise land packages offered complimentary on select sailings.
AmaWaterways’ complimentary land packages include the following:
- Zurich and Lake Lucerne, Switzerland: Travelers can enjoy two nights in Zurich with a guided tour through the “Little Big City” before spending two nights in Lake Lucerne. Guests can admire panoramic views while sailing across beautiful Lake Lucerne and enrich themselves in history as they learn more about the city’s magical medieval walls and towers and the historic Lion Monument.
- Add a two-night, pre or post-cruise land package in Zurich plus a two-night package in Lake Lucerne (valued at C$2,315 per person) to select seven-night Captivating Rhine and Enchanting Rhine river cruises
- Prague, Czech Republic: Guests will travel to Regensburg, Germany, where they will find the country’s best-preserved medieval cities before traveling to Prague for three nights. Excursions include exploring the UNESCO-designated city center, visiting Prague’s infamous Astronomical Clock, and enjoying authentic Czech beer.
- Add a three-night, pre-cruise land package (valued at C$1,741 per person) to select seven-night Romantic Danube, Treasures of the Main & Rhine, Legendary Danube, or Magna on the Danube river cruises
- Lake Como, Italy: While enjoying a beautiful ride along Lake Como, passengers will be delighted by the crystal-clear blue waters, impressive villas, and the stunning peak, Bellagio, where they can take in the beauty of the lakeside views and iconic cobbled-stone streets.
- Add a three-night, pre-cruise land package (valued at C$1,985 per person) to select Rhine Castles & Swiss Alps or Rhine Castles & Swiss Alps (Christmas) river cruises
- Budapest, Hungary: Travelers can explore Budapest’s “hidden” side, exploring the picturesque city for two nights and marveling at fascinating sites such as the Margaret Bridge, Nyugati Railway Station, and the Great Synagogue.
- Add a two-night, pre-cruise land package (valued at C$1,108 per person) to select seven-night Blue Danube Discovery, Magna on the Danube, Melodies of the Danube, or Iconic Christmas Markets river cruises
Guests looking to extend their river cruise experience even further can combine the complimentary pre-cruise land package with an additional 10% savings when adding a second cruise.
*For applicable departure dates and full terms and conditions, please see AmaWaterways.com/FreeLand.
[Source: AmaWaterways Press Release]